One of the most effective ways you can save for retirement is to develop an efficient superannuation strategy. A financial planner can review your current super situation and let you know whether it is operating to its full potential.
Here are some ways you can make the most of superannuation:
- Identify savings and investment targets
- Start early to get maximum benefits from compound interest
- If you are an employee, approach your employer about organising a salary sacrifice
- If you are self-employed, consider making tax-deductible contributions to your super
- Take advantage of the government’s co-contribution scheme, if eligible